Items 1 to 10 of 11 total
- A unique tea experience Review by railbird
- We purchased 4 oz of Queen Victoria tea as a change from our usual Scottish Breakfast. It is not a tea I would drink all the time, but it is nice when I want a change. The ceylon and jasmine smooth out the flavour of the lapsang. It is particularly enjoyable when it gets cold. (Posted on 2016-06-30)
- Timeless Review by Maxime
- A complex tea with character & depth, the scent will bring you back to Victorian period. (Posted on 2015-06-03)
- out standing Review by teatim
- I love this tea so much that I love to bath in it (Posted on 2014-05-16)
- Best tea I've ever had. Review by Libby in California
- I first enjoyed this tea after a friend brought a sampler back from a visit to B.C. and have loved it ever since. I've tried other Murchie's teas, all delicious, but Queen Victoria remains my absolute favorite. The aroma is enticing and the flavor is exquisite. I love this tea. (Posted on 2013-10-04)
- Mmm Review by Cleo
- This tea is a good first step to sampling "smoky" teas. The first time drinking it, it tasted very different from other teas I've tried. Now I've grown to love the flavour. (Posted on 2013-09-23)
- A good long-steeper Review by Lascauxcaveman
Being a cheapskate who nevertheless can't abide cheap teas, I was pleasantly surprised at the yield one can get using a tea ball and whole pot of hot water. A little of this blend goes a long way and changes subtly as it continues to steep. I had to keep backing off on the amount I used to make a pot, as my usual dosage for other teas came out too strong, too fast.
Flavour notes as mentioned in other reviews posted here. (Posted on 2013-01-04)
- House Favourite Review by Diana
Ever since we first tried this tea at a Murchie's shop in White Rock, this has been our favourite afternoon tea. It is absolutely delicious, a fantastic blend of black, smoky and ever-so-slightly sweet!
(Posted on 2012-11-24)
- My favorite Murchie Review by Tea Lover
- This is my favorite Murchie's tea, either hot or cold. I like strong tea (I'm a three teacup minimum person) and with this the smokey note isn't overwhelming, it just adds interest. (Posted on 2012-11-14)
- A twist on traditional iced tea Review by Laura - Murchie's Team Member
Last week, I was making a marinade I found online for some bbq chicken. It used brewed Lapsang as part of the recipe.
I substituted Queen Victoria for the Lapsang and when I added lime juice to it for the marinade, I was struck by how delicious it smelled mixed together.
I promptly made another pot of tea and added some lime juice and poured over ice.... I have a new go-to unsweetened iced tea this summer! (Posted on 2012-07-12)
- I love this blend Review by Martha in Connecticut
- A friend brought me a gift of some Queen Victoria tea from her trip to BC. What a treat! I have long used a blend of lapsang souchong and Earl Grey, because I like the smokey/flowery combination. The Queen Victoria has wonderful depth and perfectly combines the sweet and smokey flavors. It is my new favorite. (Posted on 2012-07-10)
Items 1 to 10 of 11 total