A classic for over forty years, Murchie's has combined the deep fruity tones of succulent black currants with a smooth and subtle black tea finish to create a mouth watering, refreshing cup of tea.
Dried currants and blue cornflower are added to the sweet smelling tea blend to add to the allure of this fabulous tea.
|Brew Temperature:||205 to 212°F, or 96 to 100°C|
|Brew Time:||3 to 5 Minutes|
|Brew Quantity:||1 tsp to 6-8oz or 2.5g to 180-240ml of water|
|Ingredients||Black tea, dried blueberries, artificial flavouring, blue cornflower|
Customer Reviews (8)
- Black Currant flavour of Black teaReview by Kos
- The Black Currant flavor is lovely. As a black tea fan it is perfect in the morning. Such a treat! I will be buying this on a ongoing basis. (Posted on 2014-07-22)
- Best tea everReview by APR
- I have used this tea for years. Used to buy directly from Head Office in Richmond. But now we are in Maple Ridge and I either drive over to Richmond to get it or order online. Hope they never discontinue this one. (Posted on 2014-03-27)
- Love this tea!Review by LNL
- I purchased this tea on a recent visit to Victoria. I was looking for a "fruity" tea to round out the tea selections for a tea I was giving for my niece. This tea was a hit. The ladies drank more of it that than anything else. I am going to buy some for my personal use, and use it on a regular basis. (Posted on 2013-11-30)
- Wonderful teaReview by KTH
- I bought this and the Library Blend while I was visiting Victoria from the States. This is an excellent tea with just the right balance of black tea and black currant flavor. (Posted on 2013-01-26)
- Nectar of the godsReview by mb
- This black currant tea is so good, it must be the nectar of the gods! I live in the States and happened across this lovely tea in the Murchie's in Victoria. There is nothing so good as this tea with currant scones and Devonshire cream on a blustery winter day! (Posted on 2012-11-26)
- Best Black Currant EverReview by DHK
- My mother gave me a tin of black currant tea a few years ago from a business trip out there. No other black currant tea even comes close to the smoothness of yours. I savor every bag. (Posted on 2012-11-14)
- The BestReview by lfb
This is my favorite tea, and my favorite Black Currant blend. It's good plain or with milk/cream. I live in the States, and purchase this by mail when I'm not able to visit Canada. Love this tea!
(Posted on 2012-06-16)
- the best black currantReview by Lo
- My husband is a black currant tea fan, and we have tried them all. This one is far and away the best, since the black tea taste doesn't overpower the sweetness and fragrance of the black currant. If you enjoy sweet flavored tea, Murchies black currant may just turn out to be your new favorite. (Posted on 2012-03-02)