Murchie's Golden Jubilee Tea is a rich, classic, true English black blend of Ceylon, Assam, Darjeeling, Himalayan and Keemun teas with a full body, enticing aroma and vibrant colour.
In 1993 Murchie's Tea and Coffee was granted its own Coat of Arms by the Chief Herald of Canada honouring 100 years of quality. It was first featured adorning the boxes of the Golden Jubilee commemorative tea blend, and is still used today.
|Brew Temperature:||205 to 212°F, or 96 to 100°C|
|Brew Time:||3 to 5 Minutes|
|Brew Quantity:||1 tsp to 6-8oz or 5g to 177-237ml of water|
Customer Reviews (7)
- An exceptional blend, perfect anytimeReview by Holin
- I have been drinking Golden Jubilee for many years now, and it has become my favorite blend. It compares beautifully to the best English teas. Full-bodied but smooth, it never goes bitter. American friends who say they don't like tea are surprised and delighted; English tea drinkers find a satisfying cuppa. This tea is one of the best! (Posted on 2015-11-23)
- FantasticReview by JeanMarie
- I tried this tea while in Langley on vacation years ago, and it has been my absolute favourite ever since. It is perfection! (Posted on 2015-01-15)
- Best Tea Ever Review by Envie de France
- Without a doubt Golden Jubilee Tea is the best blend of black tea I have ever tasted. It is more than just a good stand by. It is the 'sine qua non' of quality tea drinking! (Posted on 2014-10-30)
- ClassicReview by Juli
- When I get tired of drinking fruit or flavoured tea, I always come back to the Golden Jubilee. It is the smoothness and straightforwardness of this tea that makes it so perfect. I love it. (Posted on 2013-09-23)
- LovelyReview by Mabel
- One of my favourites; excellent with a spot of milk. I like it even better than the much touted Diamond Jubilee. (Posted on 2013-04-06)
- ***** My mornng cuppa!Review by Librarian Lisa
- LOVE this tea. The best way to start my morning, is with with a cup of Royal (now GOLDEN) Jubilee tea...and several more throughout the day. Thanks for bringing back the 100-TB box!! (Posted on 2012-11-22)
- 5 starsReview by cradargrn
- best black tea I've had - is strong, but smooth - no bitterness at all - would highly recommend this tea! (Posted on 2012-10-28)
Write Your Own Review
Tea and coffee tasting is a very individual, multi-dimensional experience: one person’s perfect cup can be too strong or weak, too brisk or watery for the next person. At Murchie’s, we believe that the best tea or coffee is the one that YOU like the best! We use the following flavour profile guides to help compare our teas and coffees within a relative scale.
Tea Strength RatingsThis rating method indicates the strength of flavour each tea has when brewed according to our brewing guide.
|Light/Delicate: Very light in colour and delicate in flavour|
|Medium: Medium-light cup with slightly fuller cup|
|Medium-Strong: Medium-dark cup, medium body, and full flavour without harshness|
|Strong: Full body, rich cup, takes milk well|
|Very Strong: Rich, dark cup with very full, strong flavour and briskness|
Coffee RatingsWe rate the flavour properties of our coffees along two dimensions: roast and body.
Roast is simply a result of how long and how hot the beans have been roasted, which can be seen in the colour of the finished bean, and typically results in general flavour traits:
|Light Roast||More acidity, brightness and a slight pucker|
|Medium Roast||Slightly richer flavours, some acidity, enhanced creaminess|
|Dark Roast||Distinctive roasted flavour, sometimes notes of toasted sugar or charcoal|